The Women's Place Staff Leadership Series (SLS) Applications Due
The Women’s Place is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Staff Leadership Series (SLS), a 12-month, experiential leadership initiative. With the goal of expanding opportunities for women’s growth, leadership and power at the university, SLS workshops and gatherings are highly participatory, enhance leadership capacity and facilitate skills development. Applications, including two letters of recommendation, are due June 27 by 4:59 pm.
This year-long initiative emphasizes leadership skills enhancement and personal and professional development for university staff members. Participants meet monthly for instruction from guest facilitators, group discussions, and self-reflection/discovery informed by leadership and learning theory.
- To enhance participants’ inclusive leadership capacity
- To cultivate supportive professional networks
- To create a pool of potential staff leaders from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in key leadership roles
SLS accepts a maximum of 22 participants each year who have, within their respective units, shown leadership aptitude and interest.
Participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- A minimum of 2 years employment at Ohio State
- Representation of the university community’s diversity, including regional campus representation
- Ability to reflect on their current career and their professional development goals
For more information and application materials, please visit the Staff Leadership Series Application Requirements 2019-2020 site